Sunday, July 9, 2017

USFL/WFL: In The Beginning

Welcome to the USFL/WFL! This theme league for My Football Now is for those who love the game, but perhaps a bit more special to those of us old enough to reminisce about What Might Have Been, especially where the USFL is concerned.

Pernbronze, Portland
I started formulating the possibilities as soon as it was announced that user-created leagues would be allowed. I had loved the WFL as a kid and the USFL as a young man. I went to a couple games while in college and received many media guides by typing a letter (on a typewriter!) to the media offices of the member teams.

When the user-created leagues for MFN became official, I floated the idea in the league matchmaking forum to gain interest. The first coach to respond was Pernbronze (pictured here) (who bears a striking resemblance to former WFL and USFL coach Dick Coury). Because he was the first to volunteer, Pernbronze will be long remembered as one of this league's pioneers.

I hope to post regular content on this blog, but I wanted to get this first post up and get the ball rolling and then see where we go from here. Thanks for following the USFL/WFL.